logo

Register

or

Review Detail

Karenpark Clinic
Clinics
I have never felt humiliated as much as i did when Sister Mothupi who is in charge of this clinic treated me badly in an open space where there were other people. This sister called me names infront of people and refused to listen to anything i was saying. The problem was that i had two card records, one i had received from PTA West when i was admitted but had no one to bring my clinic card to the hospital. This sister told me i was lying, and insinuated that what i do is go to different clinics collect all these cards then make up stories, she said i am wasting states resources and that she will not listen to anything i am saying because it does not make sense why i would have two cards. I asked her repeatedly to read what was written on the cards she refused, one card had a PTA West Hospital Label with the ward no and inside all the information they recorded for the week when i was admitted there. I also asked if we could speak with the sister who always helped us, but Sister Mothupi refused and told me that she is the one in charge. Then she left me on the bench without telling me if i will be helped or not. I cried on the bench for almost 30mins and only when other nurses that passed by that bench saw me, they asked what the problem was i explained, was then taken to counselling room given water and after sometime the nurses told me that Sister Mothupi would like to speak with me. I was already very upset, had headache, being 30 weeks pregnant and with history of depression, panick attacks and suicide incidents, i was in no state to deal with any more of her rudeness. I called my pastors wife to come pick me up. while waiting to be picked up i went to go see sister Mothupi, this time she took me into an office and suddenly she was explaining that she did not understand what i had been saying to her, but after she read the cards she realised what was going on then she tried being all nice and to counsel me. I just sat and listened and responded just because i had to show some respect but tears could not stop flowing out my eyes, i was shaking and had a terrible headache. she then tried to get me to be helped by the time i was sitting and waiting to be consulted my pastors wife arrived and we left and went to another clinic. I spent the whole day struggling to breath with a terrible headache, in shock of the way i was treated and upset by all the things she said based on whatever stories she had.

I went to clinic for a check up, but instead i left there not feeling well, in a very unstable condition, i was humiliated infront of people and my health was compromised, was supposed to get medication and blood test results which were done on my previous appointment. Is this the kind of treatment we should be getting, yet the nurses have pledged to treat patients with respect and courtesy.

I will never ever set foot in that clinic or in any clinic where i see Sister Mothupi, if she continues one day some one will do something crazy. I even had thoughts of suicide again, that if i had a gun i would have just shot myself there and then. Clinics are supposed to be healthcare and well being centres but the abuse we get from people who misuse their positions to ill treat other people is getting out of control.

If this sister is not dealt with, i will take this matter forward and even go to as far as getting some legal advice on what one could charge her for. Her unruly behaviour is just not acceptable in a place where they deal with people who could be very critical.
Overall Rating 

Quality of treatment 

Hygiene 

Medication 

Zintle Bebeza Reviewed by Zintle Bebeza January 31, 2018
  -   View all my reviews (1)

Attitude and Communication skills

I have never felt humiliated as much as i did when Sister Mothupi who is in charge of this clinic treated me badly in an open space where there were other people. This sister called me names infront of people and refused to listen to anything i was saying. The problem was that i had two card records, one i had received from PTA West when i was admitted but had no one to bring my clinic card to the hospital. This sister told me i was lying, and insinuated that what i do is go to different clinics collect all these cards then make up stories, she said i am wasting states resources and that she will not listen to anything i am saying because it does not make sense why i would have two cards. I asked her repeatedly to read what was written on the cards she refused, one card had a PTA West Hospital Label with the ward no and inside all the information they recorded for the week when i was admitted there. I also asked if we could speak with the sister who always helped us, but Sister Mothupi refused and told me that she is the one in charge. Then she left me on the bench without telling me if i will be helped or not. I cried on the bench for almost 30mins and only when other nurses that passed by that bench saw me, they asked what the problem was i explained, was then taken to counselling room given water and after sometime the nurses told me that Sister Mothupi would like to speak with me. I was already very upset, had headache, being 30 weeks pregnant and with history of depression, panick attacks and suicide incidents, i was in no state to deal with any more of her rudeness. I called my pastors wife to come pick me up. while waiting to be picked up i went to go see sister Mothupi, this time she took me into an office and suddenly she was explaining that she did not understand what i had been saying to her, but after she read the cards she realised what was going on then she tried being all nice and to counsel me. I just sat and listened and responded just because i had to show some respect but tears could not stop flowing out my eyes, i was shaking and had a terrible headache. she then tried to get me to be helped by the time i was sitting and waiting to be consulted my pastors wife arrived and we left and went to another clinic. I spent the whole day struggling to breath with a terrible headache, in shock of the way i was treated and upset by all the things she said based on whatever stories she had.

I went to clinic for a check up, but instead i left there not feeling well, in a very unstable condition, i was humiliated infront of people and my health was compromised, was supposed to get medication and blood test results which were done on my previous appointment. Is this the kind of treatment we should be getting, yet the nurses have pledged to treat patients with respect and courtesy.

I will never ever set foot in that clinic or in any clinic where i see Sister Mothupi, if she continues one day some one will do something crazy. I even had thoughts of suicide again, that if i had a gun i would have just shot myself there and then. Clinics are supposed to be healthcare and well being centres but the abuse we get from people who misuse their positions to ill treat other people is getting out of control.

If this sister is not dealt with, i will take this matter forward and even go to as far as getting some legal advice on what one could charge her for. Her unruly behaviour is just not acceptable in a place where they deal with people who could be very critical.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account