logo

Register

or

Review Detail

Complaint: Overstrand Municipality

The difference between a private company or institution versus a monopolised institution or company is that a private
company actually has to care about there accounts and customers.
I understand that because Overstrand is the only company I can get water from, that my complaint will be just filed away
with a yawn...because monopolies don't actually care how their customers feel about them because the plain simple truth is
that they have nowhere else to go.
I have personally had the most awful experience with Overstrand Municipality and personnel.
I wish I could take my business elsewhere and never give another thought to the emotional discomfort I have been made to feel dealing with
an institution that not only does not care but actually seems to enjoy the reality that their words and actions are ultimate
and final.
I know that there will be no apologies and no good will, no empathy or sympathy and I am just writing this complaint to personally
feel better that I at least said something.
I am a returning S.A. National who has been living abroad. Coming back to my home country to receive this kind of treatment and if
there was any way to buy water without going through the municipality I would gladly take it because I would prefer to give my hard
earned money to an organization that cares..not an institution that will shut you off when you are and have been attempting
to rectify, communicate and solve your issues.
Incidently I have yet to receive in my mail box a bill from Overstrand Municipality. I asked for help to sort out the situation.
Your representative P.Mayile clearly cared nothing and sounded rather pleased that she had the power to impose/penalize without
worry of supervisory oversight or reprimand, but I suppose that could be considered an asset for a hard core collections agent.
In reality this is the real world with real people in it and it would be nice to be treated like it matters..even if the municipality
does have a monopoly on the water.
Overall Rating 

Quality of Information/ Advice 

Efficiency 

Professionalism 

Service 

Penny Schmidt Reviewed by Penny Schmidt August 28, 2013
Top 1000 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (1)

Monopolies abuse their customers

Complaint: Overstrand Municipality

The difference between a private company or institution versus a monopolised institution or company is that a private
company actually has to care about there accounts and customers.
I understand that because Overstrand is the only company I can get water from, that my complaint will be just filed away
with a yawn...because monopolies don't actually care how their customers feel about them because the plain simple truth is
that they have nowhere else to go.
I have personally had the most awful experience with Overstrand Municipality and personnel.
I wish I could take my business elsewhere and never give another thought to the emotional discomfort I have been made to feel dealing with
an institution that not only does not care but actually seems to enjoy the reality that their words and actions are ultimate
and final.
I know that there will be no apologies and no good will, no empathy or sympathy and I am just writing this complaint to personally
feel better that I at least said something.
I am a returning S.A. National who has been living abroad. Coming back to my home country to receive this kind of treatment and if
there was any way to buy water without going through the municipality I would gladly take it because I would prefer to give my hard
earned money to an organization that cares..not an institution that will shut you off when you are and have been attempting
to rectify, communicate and solve your issues.
Incidently I have yet to receive in my mail box a bill from Overstrand Municipality. I asked for help to sort out the situation.
Your representative P.Mayile clearly cared nothing and sounded rather pleased that she had the power to impose/penalize without
worry of supervisory oversight or reprimand, but I suppose that could be considered an asset for a hard core collections agent.
In reality this is the real world with real people in it and it would be nice to be treated like it matters..even if the municipality
does have a monopoly on the water.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account