logo

Register

or

Review Detail

Home Affairs (Pinetown)
Home Affairs
I was there a few days ago to apply for my passport renewal. Was informed by security to take a number and queue outside in the blazing sun, along with everyone else applying for id smartcards.
This started at 8.30. I eventually got inside at 12.45pm. Applying and paying was relatively quick (approx. 15min). Having photographs and fingerprints (all done digitally) took another 2.5 hrs. I left at 3pm !!!!!!

The staff were sullen, unfriendly and unhelpful.

Some of the people in the queue who were lucky enough to have others with them would go and see what was taking so long, a few times we were informed that there was hardly anyone inside (in an airconditioned building) but we had to wait in the sun until they let 10 people at a time in.

I seriously hope the Pinetown branch get their act together.
Overall Rating 

Quality of Information/ Advice 

Efficiency 

Professionalism 

Service 

Hayley Reviewed by Hayley January 28, 2015
Top 1000 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (1)

Ptn Home Affairs

I was there a few days ago to apply for my passport renewal. Was informed by security to take a number and queue outside in the blazing sun, along with everyone else applying for id smartcards.
This started at 8.30. I eventually got inside at 12.45pm. Applying and paying was relatively quick (approx. 15min). Having photographs and fingerprints (all done digitally) took another 2.5 hrs. I left at 3pm !!!!!!

The staff were sullen, unfriendly and unhelpful.

Some of the people in the queue who were lucky enough to have others with them would go and see what was taking so long, a few times we were informed that there was hardly anyone inside (in an airconditioned building) but we had to wait in the sun until they let 10 people at a time in.

I seriously hope the Pinetown branch get their act together.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account