logo

Register

or

Review Detail

Home Affairs (Prospecton)
Home Affairs
On Saturday 25 April 2015 my husband, son and myself stood in the que from 3h45 am to make sure we get finalised with my sons id book and passport. Offices opened at 8h30 and staff were rude and unapproachable. We were first but only left at 10h30. We completed and signed and were finger printed 6 times for my son's id book and passport and only to be told that the system is not accepting one of the parents consent. Nobody could assist and we were told that somebody would contact me on Tuesday 28/4 to sort the problem out. No body has bothered to contact us and I have phoned the Prospecton office numerous times and no one answers. I then phoned Home Affairs customer care line to be told that if the consultants are busy they do not answer the phones and I must go back and stand in the que to sort the problem out. My husband and I work for a living and can only go to home affairs every 2nd Saturday as we work on Saturday's. How can no one know what is going on...How can no one answer the phones. This is pathetic service as we need my son's id book and passport.
The staff make it feel as if you owe them something and could not be bothered in service excellence.
I wonder if anybody will even respond to my complaint.
Overall Rating 

Quality of Information/ Advice 

Efficiency 

Professionalism 

Service 

Charmaine Gomes Reviewed by Charmaine Gomes April 28, 2015
  -   View all my reviews (1)

ID BOOK AND PASSPORT

On Saturday 25 April 2015 my husband, son and myself stood in the que from 3h45 am to make sure we get finalised with my sons id book and passport. Offices opened at 8h30 and staff were rude and unapproachable. We were first but only left at 10h30. We completed and signed and were finger printed 6 times for my son's id book and passport and only to be told that the system is not accepting one of the parents consent. Nobody could assist and we were told that somebody would contact me on Tuesday 28/4 to sort the problem out. No body has bothered to contact us and I have phoned the Prospecton office numerous times and no one answers. I then phoned Home Affairs customer care line to be told that if the consultants are busy they do not answer the phones and I must go back and stand in the que to sort the problem out. My husband and I work for a living and can only go to home affairs every 2nd Saturday as we work on Saturday's. How can no one know what is going on...How can no one answer the phones. This is pathetic service as we need my son's id book and passport.
The staff make it feel as if you owe them something and could not be bothered in service excellence.
I wonder if anybody will even respond to my complaint.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account