logo

Register

or

Review Detail

Home Affairs (Prospecton)
Home Affairs
If I could have rated a zero here I would have. I waited from 6.30am in line until 4pm and did not even make it inside the Home Affairs office.

There were no queue marshalls to direct people, just a lady who came out to assign numbers to people, I was second last with the number 79. I have been to both Umgeni Rd and Tongaat branches previously were I was assigned numbers into the 100s and yet still done and home by 1pm. At around 2pm, I asked to speak to a supervisor as the queue was not moving and I had been there already 7.5 hours. I was told it was not his problem how long I have been waiting and if I leave now I will have to follow the queue another day. He also told me that if I wanted a pass-out to come back another day and be first in line, I would have to wait until 4pm. So I, along with the scores of other people who also had not even made it inside the office, sat patiently and waited. At 15.50 he walked back out and said their systems are offline and it will be offline in the weekend so we must come back another day. I cannot afford that as I have to leave work each time and so I asked to come back on Saturday, to which he replied that I only get one chance, he is sure the system will be offline but I can do what I want, and then signed my ticked. For 9+ hours I sat in filth, with toilets that were flooded and emitting a foul smell - completely unusable, the elderly, the babies, mums carrying their tired and hungry kids, we were ignored and treated like we were being done a favor. I am appalled at the service we recieved and the conditions we waited in. Only to be told we must pay for transport to come back another day. At this point, I am paying more to travel to Home Affairs repeatedly than I am paying for this ID application.
Overall Rating 

Quality of Information/ Advice 

Efficiency 

Professionalism 

Service 

V Reddy Reviewed by V Reddy May 09, 2015
  -   View all my reviews (1)

Horrific service at Propsecton

If I could have rated a zero here I would have. I waited from 6.30am in line until 4pm and did not even make it inside the Home Affairs office.

There were no queue marshalls to direct people, just a lady who came out to assign numbers to people, I was second last with the number 79. I have been to both Umgeni Rd and Tongaat branches previously were I was assigned numbers into the 100s and yet still done and home by 1pm. At around 2pm, I asked to speak to a supervisor as the queue was not moving and I had been there already 7.5 hours. I was told it was not his problem how long I have been waiting and if I leave now I will have to follow the queue another day. He also told me that if I wanted a pass-out to come back another day and be first in line, I would have to wait until 4pm. So I, along with the scores of other people who also had not even made it inside the office, sat patiently and waited. At 15.50 he walked back out and said their systems are offline and it will be offline in the weekend so we must come back another day. I cannot afford that as I have to leave work each time and so I asked to come back on Saturday, to which he replied that I only get one chance, he is sure the system will be offline but I can do what I want, and then signed my ticked. For 9+ hours I sat in filth, with toilets that were flooded and emitting a foul smell - completely unusable, the elderly, the babies, mums carrying their tired and hungry kids, we were ignored and treated like we were being done a favor. I am appalled at the service we recieved and the conditions we waited in. Only to be told we must pay for transport to come back another day. At this point, I am paying more to travel to Home Affairs repeatedly than I am paying for this ID application.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account