logo

Register

or

Review Detail

Home Affairs (Pinetown)
Home Affairs
I was at the offices at 04:15 to make passports for my kids 04/01/2018. There was already a que but I was number 7 that was fine by 6.30 am there was about 300 people in the que then we have a gentleman who goes to the back and sells the space ( apparently he has a team of people who stands in the que from 3.30 am just to occupy at the front of the line .capitalism at work ) and then I was number 20 on the line. The officials come out at 7.55 to assist the people in the line ( THEY START AT 7.30 APPARENTLY ) to be told the machine for doing the childrens passport is not working for 5 months. Asked them about placing a notice they reply they will speak to their supervisor , 5 months to speak to their supervisor and to place a notice. Third world countries are more efficient. Why don't there just privatize the home affairs as least they will be paid for efficient as time is money and the more documents done the more income will be generated and maybe they can fix the machine in 24 hours.
Overall Rating 

Quality of Information/ Advice 

Efficiency 

Professionalism 

Service 

vasu Reviewed by vasu January 08, 2018
  -   View all my reviews (1)

HOME AFFAIRS PINETOWN MINDBOGGLING

I was at the offices at 04:15 to make passports for my kids 04/01/2018. There was already a que but I was number 7 that was fine by 6.30 am there was about 300 people in the que then we have a gentleman who goes to the back and sells the space ( apparently he has a team of people who stands in the que from 3.30 am just to occupy at the front of the line .capitalism at work ) and then I was number 20 on the line. The officials come out at 7.55 to assist the people in the line ( THEY START AT 7.30 APPARENTLY ) to be told the machine for doing the childrens passport is not working for 5 months. Asked them about placing a notice they reply they will speak to their supervisor , 5 months to speak to their supervisor and to place a notice. Third world countries are more efficient. Why don't there just privatize the home affairs as least they will be paid for efficient as time is money and the more documents done the more income will be generated and maybe they can fix the machine in 24 hours.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account